The Intelligent Robotic and Energy Systems (IRES) research group has been established to meet academic and industrial research needs in the field of automatic control. Applications include but not limited to robotics, Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), electric machine drives, energy storage devices such as batteries and supercapacitors, energy conversion and management, vehicular technologies, and emerging applications.
Hicham Chaoui, Ph.D., SMIEEE
Create a center of excellence by conducting cutting-edge research and bringing together researchers to accelerate innovation.
- Modeling of nonlinear dynamic systems
- Adaptive and intelligent control theory
- Soft-Computing and machine intelligence
- Adaptive learning systems
- Mechatronics: robotics, UAVs, etc.
- Electric machine drives
- Energy conversion and storage systems