DoE Computer Lab Policy
Prohibited Expression (verbal, whiteboards etc):
- racist, homophobic or sexist (or creating a sexualized environment)
- promoting stereotypes of persons with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, lesbians, gays, bisexual, or transgendered persons
- ridiculing or promoting intolerance towards any religion
- Excessive noise, i.e. any noise beyond normal conversation that disrupts the work of other lab users, is prohibited at all times.
- Recreational use of computers, projectors and televisions (games, videos, movies etc) is prohibited between 8:30am and 4:30pm on weekdays, and also outside these hours when it would interfere with the work of other students.
- Using the speakers provided with lab computers, monitors or projection systems is prohibited. Head/ear phones must be used. The only exception is when there is a work-related need for more than one person to hear the sound from a single source at the same time.
- everything except for dry snack foods, and drinks in closed containers (e.g. water/juice/soda bottles)
- The DoE computer labs are for the use of DoE students, staff and faculty only.
- The labs you have access to is determined by the courses and program you are enrolled in. You should not use any other labs.
- Multiple simultaneous logins on the same user account are prohibited.